Substance Abuse in Tulsa, OK
Tulsa is the second to largest city in Oklahoma, with its population of 991,005. It is located between the Osage Hills and the Ozark Mountains on the Arkansas River. The city struggles with high amounts of people using illicit drugs, marijuana, and opioids. When looking for rehabilitation treatment, people may consider the severity of the addiction, cost, and location. For those with mild addictions in need of something more affordable and less time-consuming, a 30-day program might be for them. People who need a middle-ground between short and long-term with moderate addiction can benefit from 60-day. For severe addiction, 90-day programs can be the most effective. Then, people can also decide if they prefer staying in their hometown or travel for treatment. Both can be beneficial, depending on what each person needs. If you are considering treatment in Tulsa or other locations, we can help by giving you more information to help you make the right decision for you. To learn more, don’t hesitate to call 405-583-4309.
Addiction Treatment in Tulsa
People seeking treatment in Tulsa can find two facilities offering inpatient services, with several offering outpatient. Patients can also find several facilities with residential services. When you do find the right treatment for you, you can take into consideration the information below to help with your decision process.
- Around 2010, about 126,000 people used illicit drugs and were ages 12 or older in the Tulsa area. That amounted to 15.4 percent of people in the city who used these drugs.
- Marijuana use resulted in a rate of 8.1 percent.
- Prescription pain relievers for non-medical use were at 7.6 percent.
- About 22.1 percent of people admitted to binge drinking alcohol at least once the month prior.
- The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration found that about 75,000 people ages 12 and older, 9.1 percent, had a substance abuse issue and 56,000 adults, 7.6 percent, experienced depression in that same year.
Benefits of Leaving Tulsa for Addiction Treatment
Although you may find many options in the Tulsa area, for some people it may be essential to their recovery to travel away from home. Patients may benefit from being in a new environment that can help them focus on themselves and their treatment. They can remove themselves from distractions that can impact their recovery. For those traveling to a new city, an inpatient program might be the more appropriate choice. The patient can avoid the hassle of traveling back and forth for treatment and immerse themselves in the program. Traveling for addiction treatment might be just what you need.
How to Find the Right Tulsa Addiction Facility
- Accreditation proves that the facility fulfills the quality standards for providing high-quality care.
- Evidence-based treatment methods are confirmed to be beneficial to the patient by utilizing scientific research.
- The length of a program will be decided after the patient is evaluated. The length will vary from person to person and is based on a variety of factors.
- The location of the treatment center can enable patients to get treatment in a variety of locations. Choosing to seek treatment in your city or another location can be beneficial.
- Aftercare services are offered by the treatment center after treatment is completed. These services can help decrease the chance of relapse.
- Payment options can be different at each facility. The majority of treatment centers accept common insurance including Medicaid and Medicare. Assistance with payment may also be provided at various treatment centers.
Benefits of Choosing Addiction Treatment in Tulsa, OK
For people who do not feel comfortable or have other reasons to not leave home can also benefit from a city like Tulsa. In bigger cities, it might be easier to find a variety of treatments that can better assist people. Some may find it to be encouraging and helpful to stay near their home and their support network. Living close to their facility can make it easier and more accessible to continue with their aftercare treatment. People can save on any extra travel or living expenses they might have when traveling for treatment. Tulsa offers several treatments like inpatient, outpatient, and residential programs.
Those considering staying in their hometown for treatment might prefer to participate in an outpatient program. Outpatient allows patients to continue their day to day life at home as they go through treatment a couple of days out of the week. This can help people who have other responsibilities, like work or children, keep their life as close to normal as possible. An outpatient program can also be more affordable and less time-consuming but may not be recommended for severe addiction.
Each person is unique in their own way, which also applies to their addiction. While some people may benefit from leaving their hometown for treatment, others do better close to home. It does not matter which option you choose, what matters is finding what works best for you. If you decide to stay in Tulsa, you can find several facilities that offer outpatient and two with inpatient services. If you prefer to try out a new environment with facilities that may offer additional services then that can be good as well. There is no one right way to treatment, but we can find the right way for you. For help or more information, call 405-583-4309. We are happy to assist you.