Addiction in Norman, OK
With a population of 124,880 people, Norman is the third-largest city in the state of Oklahoma. Similar to Oklahoma City, Norman suffers from high numbers of opioid misuse. Not all addicts consciously seek their addictive substance. Some may go into a doctor’s office for pain relief and without knowing, it may lead to a dependency on it. Patients have a choice between attending inpatient and outpatient programs. In addition, they can choose the length of the treatment, whether they need 30-day for a mild addiction, 60-day for a moderate addiction, or 90-day for a severe addiction. Every individual is unique in various ways, which includes their addiction. People can benefit from different programs or locations, what matters is finding what is right for each person.
Below, people can discover their options in treatments and locations to figure out what works best for them. Depending on the addiction severity and other needs, you can find the right facility in Norman. You can also find out if maybe traveling outside your hometown would be a better option. We can help you make these decisions a little easier. If you would like additional information, reach out to us at 405-583-4309.
Drug Statistics on Oklahoma
- In 2009, Oklahoma topped the charts ranking #1 in misusing painkillers for non-medical reasons.
- The state ranks eighth in the country with having the most people ages 26 and older who use illicit drugs and need treatment but have not received it yet.
- About 81,403 Oklahomans ages 12 and up needed treatment for an illicit drug.
- In Oklahoma, out of every 10 crimes committed, 6 turned out to be linked to drugs or alcohol.
- In 2018, about 46,802 fatalities involved opioids in the U.S., with an estimated 308 fatalities opioid-related in Oklahoma.
Benefits of Traveling Away From Norman for Addiction Treatment
While some people do well with their addiction treatment close to home, others may benefit from traveling away. In the case of limited options, like in Norman, people who travel for treatment can find it easier to get the right program they need. People traveling to a different city will most likely participate in an inpatient program, where they can live at the facility while getting treated. Being in a new surrounding can help patients remove themselves from anything distractions that can impact their recovery. You might find that these options can be the right thing for you.
Addiction Treatment Options Available in Norman, OK
Looking for treatment might get overwhelming at times, but here are a few things they can help ease your worries. Patients can choose between inpatient or outpatient programs, along with additional services. In Norman, you can find one facility with a long-term and a different facility with short-term residential services. An outpatient facility offers intensive services, but no facility offers inpatient. For more options near Norman, patients can travel to Oklahoma City.
Finding a Credible Facility
- Accreditation assures patients that the treatment center upholds quality standards and will provide the best care.
- Evidence-based treatment methods utilize scientific research.
- The length of a program will be decided with an assessment. It will be based on a variety of components including how severe the individual’s addiction is.
- The location of treatment allows individuals to find assistance where they live or in another place altogether. Either option can be beneficial to the patient based on their needs.
- Aftercare services provided by the treatment center can make or break an individual’s recovery. The likelihood of relapse can decrease with effective aftercare services.
- Payment options depend on the facility. However, the majority of treatment centers accept Medicaid, Medicare, and other insurance providers. Many treatment centers provide other payment options as well. These can include payment plans or sliding scale fees.
Why to Stay in Norman for Addiction Treatment
Choosing treatment in another location might not be right for every individual, may patients can benefit from treatment more when they stay in their town. People might feel more comfortable being in familiar surroundings close to people they know. Being close to their support system might help encourage them through the program. Some people might find it also helps them continue their aftercare treatment. For those looking for residential services or outpatient programs, staying in Norman might be just what you need.
When looking for treatment, you have a few options to choose from. For one, the length of the program can help you decide whether you want to attend a 30-day, 60-day, or 90-day program. Taking into account the severity of your addiction can also help with those program options. If you prefer to immerse yourself in your treatment by staying at the center and for all addiction levels, an inpatient program can be effective. While outpatient is not recommended for severe cases, some may benefit from the flexibility it gives them.
People suffering from addiction may feel like they are misunderstood or alone on their journey, but remember that so many people might feel the same way. There are various ways to deal with addiction and it is important to find the right thing for you. No matter if you are looking to stay close to home or travel for treatment, you can find just what you need. You might be overwhelmed but the good thing is you have many options so you can get treatment and recovery your way. You have made the first step by getting familiar with your options, now let us help with the rest. Do not hesitate to call 405-583-4309 to learn more. We are here for you.