Addiction Treatment at Certified Rehab Programs
There are various methods of treating drug and/or alcohol addiction, ranging from traditional to experimental. Most mental health care professionals agree on certain principles, but no one approach works for everyone. Even for users of the same drug, rehabilitation plans need to be tailored to each patient’s situation.
A successful treatment plan will consider the client’s medical, psychological, legal and social needs. It will also recognize that these needs may change over time and require adjustments to the course of treatment. Many kinds of programs can be effective, and professionals often use a combination of the following:
- Individual, group and/or family counseling
- Medical services
- Parenting classes
- Vocational classes
- Behavior modification techniques
What Kinds Of Addiction Treatment Are Available?
The most effective level of treatment depends on the patient. Someone who has relapsed after years of recovery may have different needs from someone who is still actively using drugs or alcohol.
- Treatment in a hospital or clinic is called inpatient treatment and often includes detoxification and rehabilitation services at the same location. Inpatient treatment is becoming less common, but the medical supervision it provides is still essential for detox. Once this stage is over, specialists can begin creating a longer-term treatment plan.
- Outpatient treatment generally takes place in health clinics, counselor’s offices, neighborhood medical clinics or residential programs with outpatient services. People participating in outpatient services live at home and commute to daily rehab groups and activities at a facility.
- Residential treatment combines the most effective parts of inpatient and outpatient care: patients go from an upscale, comfortable residential home to a facility where they participate in group activities and daily support meetings. Patients learn ways of managing life’s stresses and difficulties without drugs or alcohol. They also relearn productive ways to live in society.
The Importance of Talking
Addiction can make a person feel trapped and powerless, but recovery is achievable with the help of professionals and the encouragement of friends and family.
Meeting with a professional therapist one-on-one can help you explore what may have led to your addiction. This will allow you to identify and avoid situations that once steered you toward substance use.
Group therapy is also very helpful. Most people with a substance abuse disorder have trouble communicating with friends and family, and a group setting can help you relearn these skills as well as reminding you that although it may feel like it, you are not alone.
Some patients may not require detox assistance upon arriving, but everyone has access to:
- Customized addiction treatment programs
- Group and individual therapy sessions
- Wholesome events and physical activities
- Comfortable, inviting living accommodations
- 24-hour care and supervision
After approximately 90 days of continued sobriety, you will move into the maintenance stage of your recovery. The focus of this stage is preparing you to transition back into your regular life. You will learn how to cope with cravings in the real world, as well as strategies for maintaining sobriety in family life, relationships, work life and social settings.
There Is Hope For Recovery
Addiction may seem impossible to escape, but with the help of experts and the support of family and friends, anyone can overcome it. Rehab centers in Oklahoma offer treatment for all kinds of drug addictions, as well as specialized programs for those with psychological or emotional conditions. For more information please call 405-583-4309 today.